Welcome. Here you will find information about how to apply for the Te Pou disability grants, including information and what type of learning activities we support.
Here at Te Pou we lead a range of initiatives to address workforce and leadership development needs for disabled people, whānau and the disability workforce.
Te Pou administers grants that are made available by the Ministry of Health (MoH). MoH sets the priority areas for funding.
People who receive Individualised Funding (IF) and people registered to participate in the Mid Central disability support system transformation roll-out, can apply for our grants.
Key points in applying
- Review the description of the different types of grants listed below.
- Decide which grant to apply for.
- Note when the grants open and close for applications.
- Register on the Te Pou grants portal. We will need a couple of things from you (like proof of identity, name of your IF host etc). The grants portal is very easy to use.
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you need further information contact email@example.com.
- Supporting disabled people and whānau to take part in leadership development activities. This includes:
- training or learning activities that develop you or your whānau leadership skills
- training or learning activities that are for the benefit of other disabled people or the disability sector in general.
- You can apply for these grants in March and September each year.
- Helps to cover the costs of your employees (for example support workers) taking part in leadership and skills development activities.
- Learning and development opportunities for your support workers that support leadership in, and greater alignment to the Let’s get real: Disability and Disability Support Services new models for supporting disabled people.
- Developing your support workers leadership skills and improving the quality of service to disabled people and their whānau.
You can apply for these grants, for your support staff, in March and September every year.
Are available to help with the cost of your support staff taking part in NZQA training that is approved by the MoH.
Training grants can only be used for MoH approved qualifications.
Training grants, for your support staff, can be applied for at any time of the year. The funding is available until allocated funding is spent.