Whāia te ara Poutama – Pursue the pathway of education and betterment
There are two rounds of Training grants in 2019.
The first round is open from 1 February 2019 and will remain open until the allocated funding is fully expended.
The second round will open on 1 July 2019 and will remain open until the allocated funding is fully expended.
Keep an eye on the website and the Te Pou e-bulletin for any training grant updates.
About the training grant
DSS providers, approved DPO’s and Individualised Funding hosts can apply for training grants to help with the cost of employees taking part in NZQA training.
The grant can only be used for approved qualifications. View the list of approved qualifications.
How the grant can be used
The grant covers the costs of employees taking part in approved NZQA training. The grant can be used for:
- training fees
- related resources (e.g. workbooks, tutors/facilitators
- wages of the course participant, if training occurs outside of their regular working hours, or back-filling for the trainee if required
- accessibility costs for employees with a disability, including travel and accommodation and the cost of support people (these costs do not count towards individual or organisational caps).
The grant does not fund course development and administration, standard service delivery, service development and business as usual costs.
How much can be funded
- Participants can be funded up to $2,000 (including GST) per calendar year, depending on the qualification level and number of credits. See how much funding is available for each qualification by checking the approved qualifications.
- Organisations can be funded up to $80,000 (GST inclusive) per calendar year.
Accessibility costs do not count towards individual caps.
As well as complying with our terms and conditions, training grant applications must also meet the following criteria.
The organisation must:
- be a Ministry of Health funded DSS provider; or
- one of the approved DPO on the DPO Coalition.
Participants must be:
- paid employees of a Ministry of Health funded DSS provider or an approved DPO or employed through Ministry of Health funded DSS individualised funding agents
- employed in a role that has significant interaction with disabled people
- New Zealand citizens or hold permanent resident status
- supported by their employer to participate in the course
- eligible to enrol in the approved NZQA course.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information.