This training is suitable for those new to using Alcohol and Drug Outcome Measure (ADOM) and those who completed initial ADOM training, more than 12 months ago. To attend the workshop, you must be part of an eligible, mandated team that uses and reports ADOM.
The virtual workshop will enable you, or your staff, to become an Alcohol and Drug Outcome Measure (ADOM) trainer for your service. For those who are already ADOM trainers, the workshop provides an opportunity to refresh ADOM knowledge.
- identified ADOM trainers and champions in your service
- people who attended Te Pou ADOM training more than 12 months ago.
The training will take place over two days over Zoom. Participants must attend both days of the workshop.
June 1, 2021 9:45am - 12pm
Module 1: Introduction, ADOM implementation and ADOM Guide details
June 3, 2021 10am - 12pm
Module 2: Using ADOM and becoming an ADOM trainer
- background to health outcomes
- what is ADOM
- which services and which tāngata whai ora should we be using ADOM with
- ADOM, PRIMHD and reports
- how, when and where is ADOM collected? (Information Collection Protocol)
- the use of the ADOM feedback wheel – engagement with clients
- making data collection useful
- integrating ADOM into clinical pathways
- techniques for training and coaching adults
- ADOM training - practice session
- using ADOM resources and support for trainers.
Selection of ADOM trainers
Attendees will be the ‘champions’ for ADOM in your service – they will provide ADOM training for all practitioners that use ADOM, and become the 'go to' person for addiction practitioners when they have queries.
ADOM trainers will also be encouraged to provide education and information about ADOM to their service managers, clinical leaders, quality and information staff.
Services are encouraged to select ADOM trainers who:
- have knowledge and experience of the addiction sector, ideally clinically based
- are able to engage with leaders and clinical staff regarding ADOM collection and usefulness
- are well supported by management
- can train and support practitioners to collect and use ADOM information
- have some appreciation of the principles of adult learning and teaching models.
Benefits for ADOM trainers
- gain a general understanding of outcome measures, specifically around ADOM
- skills that can be used in other topic areas
- opportunity to establish regional and collegial support
- dapaanz CPD points.
Registration close 5pm Friday, 28 May 2021.