ASK (Autism Spectrum Knowledge) is a series of professional development workshops facilitated by knowledgeable and experienced facilitators from Children's Autism Foundation who work with ASD children on a daily basis.
This Autism training is ideal for:
- Disability Support Workers
- Social Workers
- Mental Health Support Workers
- Psychologists, Therapists, GP's
- Teachers - ECE, Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- SENCOs, RTLBs, Learning Support Coordinators
- Teacher Aides/Teaching Assistants
If you are a professional who engages with children or young people with ASD then these workshops are for you!
The full training programme is made up of 5 two hour modules once a month Aug-Dec 2021 at Pt Chev Community Centre.
Attend one workshop or attend the full series of 5 modules to gain our ASK Professional Training certificate.
Cost: $50 +GST per module (non-refundable registration fee)
Register for our 5 Module Package Deal ($225 + GST) before 30th June 21 or register for each module individually:
Module 1. Understanding Autism
Wednesday 4th August 2021 7 pm to 9pm
- What is ASD?
- What might ASD look like in the learning environment?
- How can we better support children on the Autism Spectrum?
Module 2. Sensory Issues
Wednesday 1st September 2021 7pm to 9pm
- Understanding sensory issues
- Practical tools & strategies to implement in your classroom or practice
Module 3. Managing Anxiety
Wednesday 20th October 2021 7pm to 9pm
- Defining autism and anxiety
- Practical tools & strategies for managing anxiety
Module 4. Social Skills & Communication
Wednesday 17th November 2021 7pm to 9pm
- Strategies to support and improve social skills & communication
- Useful resources and visual aides
Module 5. Strategies for Behaviour
Wednesday 1st December 2021 7pm to 9pm
- The triggers & functions of behaviour
- Behaviour is communication. What is the child trying to communicate to us?
- Create a positive and achievable intervention plan for children you are currently working with.