As an accredited provider of the MHFA Aotearoa curriculum, we are determined raise awareness of the programme and mental health crisis prevention in New Zealand. Our goal is to have a trained and certified mental health first aider in every organisation in New Zealand. At a broader community level, we aim to have one in ten people in New Zealand trained by 2025.
Mental Health First Aid Aotearoa is an internationally recognised and accredited programme. Join over 4 million people globally who have already become MH First Aiders.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Anyone who wants to learn how to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support a friend, family member or co-worker while keeping yourself safe.
You’ll learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms.
THIS TWO DAY COURSE TRAINS YOU AS A MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AIDER, GIVING YOU:
• An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Two day face-to-face course delivered across four manageable sessions
• Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
• Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
Everyone who completes the course gets:
• A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
• A manual to refer to whenever you need it
• A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
MHFA “Really Gives You The Skills You Need to Identify – And Ultimately Help – Someone In Need.” Michelle Obama
We look forward to seeing you at our next course.