We're excited to announce that as of 1 July 2020, Te Pou o te Whakaaro Nui will be called Te Pou. We have a fresh new look and a new logo that you will begin to see more often. Our website will be rebuilt over the coming months, to be more focused on ease of access to our resources and knowledge. Read more here.
DANA is the peak drug and alcohol nursing organisation in Australasia providing leadership to nurses and midwives with a professional interest in drug and alcohol issues.
This eventwill provide delegates the opportunity to hear from, and network with, leaders in the field. It will be a chance to share knowledge about contemporary issues and effective clinical practice. This is the opportunity for all nurses and midwives, as well as Drug and Alcohol Nurses, from across Australasia to seek inspiration from, and connect with, esteemed colleagues.
The event will:
• strengthen the role of the D&A Nurse Practitioner
• provide an opportunity for nurses to showcase their research
• build awareness among attendees about national and international issues, policies and strategies related to alcohol and other drugs
• increase knowledge about current research and how this translates into best clinical practice
• position DANA members for participation in discussions around alcohol and other drugs
• increase knowledge about the impact of alcohol and drug use
• network, engage and learn from consumers, colleagues, representatives from government and non-government agencies and key stakeholders
• strengthen drug and alcohol nursing workforce.