Where you’ll be working: Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre, Waikato Hospital – Adult Inpatient Ward 35
The details: Fixed term until October 2022 - 80 hours per fortnight
We have a fixed term position available on ward 35 for an activities facilitator, and would encourage you to apply if you have a passion for working in mental health
About the service:
The mental health and addictions service deliver a variety of services across the Waikato region. We are a service undertaking a huge programme of change to deliver better outcomes to tāngata whai ora and whānau in our region. Nga iwi Ngakaunui - people at the heart is demonstrated best in mental health and addictions, people really are at the heart of all that we do. We know how important strong relationships are; with people who access our services, with their whānau and with the communities we serve.
Ward 35 is one of three adult inpatient wards based at Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre. We are an acute mental health ward, which supports the service user/Tangata Whaiora to gain stability in their mental health, whilst supporting a recovery pathway.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic with an ability to motivate and support our Tangata Whaiora/patients to engage in activities while in our service.
Required skills & experience:
• have previous work experience in a mental health setting
• have excellent communication skills and commit to ongoing education and development
• be able to work Monday to Friday
• have a current full drivers licence.
Preferable but non-essential:
• previous experience working as an occupational therapy assistant/activities facilitator or diversional therapist
• group facilitation skills
• confidence working with others and ability to lead groups.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
What we can offer you as part of our service:
• working within a supportive multidisciplinary team with a recovery focus
• working as a member of the multidisciplinary team, under the direction of a registered occupational therapist
• training and continuous professional development
• regular supervision
• support and in-service training.
Please click here to view the position description.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Anthea Williams – Charge Nurse Manager on (07) 839 8899.
Application closing date: 6 March 2022
Values Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga