Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Lower Hutt: Hutt South Team CMHAS MHAIDS
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: PSA MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
The Hutt South Team community mental health service have a permanent fulltime vacancy for an Addiction (AoD) Clinician.
If you are passionate participating in and contributing to people’s addiction recovery journeys, and keen to be part of a very dedicated group of professionals we are looking for you.
We have a friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team of health professionals who are passionate about assisting/supporting each other and service users experiencing moderate to severe addiction and mental health issues
Mō tō mātou rōpū – About our team
You will be working autonomously and alongside a multi-disciplinary team consisting of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, occupational therapist, addiction clinicians, detox and registered mental health nurses and intake triage team.
We offer an exciting work environment with the opportunity to work in a variety of clinical setting. It’s an opportunity to gain experience and develop your competencies in addiction/mental health within a supportive and positive community environment.
Moū – About you
- Good communication skills and ability to relate well to a wide variety of people
- Well organised and enjoy working in the community environment
- Ability to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
- Strive to provide high quality addiction and mental health services to clients/families and the community
- Case management and coordinate care for service users and community
- Undertake and provide comprehensive Addiction/psychiatric assessments
- Formulate and develop risk management plans articulating treatment needs, planning and reviews
- Care manage and support service users through one to one addiction counselling or group work
- Liaison with other health providers and MHAIDS teams, NGOs, PHOs social and government agencies to facilitate care and treatments for service users.
- Daily clinical documentation of all daily activities including tangata whaiora and whanau contacts
- Data entry of activities daily.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with people with Addiction and mental health issues.
- Post Graduate certificate in Addiction or mental health
- Possess team approach
- Commits to provide person / family centered care, using current evidence to assist people to achieve their optimum health
- Competent with Computer programmes
- Ability to work alongside people experiencing moderate to severe mental health issues and Addiction
E pā ana ki a tatou – About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Capital and Coast DHB
Hutt Valley DHB
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email Philip.Adamson@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH076-22) in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the booster dose within six months of receiving the second dose of initial vaccination (for some people the initial vaccination will have comprised of three doses). We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed