Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future.
An exciting opportunity to work with Odyssey has arisen, and we are looking for an organised, efficient, and enthusiastic person to join the team at our community hub in New Lynn. This full- time (40 hours per week) permanent position operates Monday to Friday, providing reception, administrative and organisational support.
As the first point of contact, this vital role interacts with clients and their families in a warm, welcoming and professional manner. You will also support the onsite operational teams through the management of the working environment and a number of diverse administrative duties. You will also be communicating with a variety of other external Odyssey services and teams as required.
To be successful in this role you will:
· Be a strong communicator - balancing discretion and sensitivity with a good sense of humor.
· Have experience in office administration with strong computer, word-processing and keyboard skills
· Be able to manage your time and work under pressure to meet deadlines
· Be able to work unsupervised as part of a team
· Have the ability to evaluate information thoroughly, with a high attention to detail
· Have either experience or interest working alongside clients within the health and addictions field
· Hold a full, clean NZ driver license
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: 11 May 2021