We now have an opportunity for a full time Advanced Practitioner (Addictions) to work at our 62 bed Adult residential facility located on a six acre park-like site in New Windsor. Please note that this is a rostered position (40 hours per week) between the days of Monday and Sunday and will involve at least one working day in the weekend
The Advanced Practitioner within this service will provide guidance and support in regard to the making of clinical decisions and also take on a coaching / mentoring role with team members. This role will also involve a rostered on-call responsibility.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- A relevant Social or Health related degree qualification
- Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered in a reasonable timeframe
- Strong previous practical experience working in the addictions field
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) method of treatment
- Willing to work rostered shifts including one weekend day
- A sense of humour and a flexible 'can do' approach
- A full NZ driver’s license
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary based on our increased internal remuneration bands
- 27 days annual leave
- 5 days paid study leave per annum
- Free meals and fruit every day!
- Professional challenges and varied work that supports the community.
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
- A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
If you are practical, results driven, can problem solve and can relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the job for you.
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Phoebe Van Donselaar on 021578262 or Jared Johanson on 021929361
Closing date: 9th January 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.