The Odyssey Drug Treatment Programme (DTP) in the Auckland Prison based in Albany has been successfully operating since the first intake in October 2010. We are now currently seeking a full time permanent Advanced Practitioner to join our team in delivering treatment for up to 6 months in a therapeutic community-based environment for up to 60 men.
Your role will include assessing clients, developing treatment plans, preparing NZ Parole Board reports. ensuring effective delivery of 1-2-1 and group interventions.
The Advanced Practitioner within this service will also provide guidance and support in regard to the making of clinical decisions and also take on a coaching / mentoring role with team members.
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary based on our increased remuneration bands
- A location allowance (for our employees in correction’s-based positions)
- 22 days annual leave
- A weekly transport allowance to support your travel costs
- 5 days paid study leave per annum
- Learning and development opportunities
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Relevant Health qualification in Alcohol and other drugs (AOD), Counseling, Psychology, social work or mental health
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
- Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner or other appropriate Registered Health Professional,or the ability to become registered to a ‘Practitioner level’ in a reasonable timeframe
- Strong previous practical experience working in the addictions field
- Skills in group delivery and individual interventions
- Motivational Interviewing experience
- Excellent clinical judgement and strong clinical boundaries
- An understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
- Report writing skills and computer proficiency
- A strong ability to complete informative and up to date records
This position is exciting and challenging, offering the chance for you to work in a supportive workplace with access to ongoing professional development. It is also rewarding, providing the opportunity to make a real difference to the health and well-being of prisoners and communities.
Odyssey has celebrated over 30 years of supporting people to change their lives. We deliver high quality, comprehensive services for people with an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and/or gambling. We offer a diverse range of programmes and services across a number of population centers including Auckland, Whangarei and the Waikato region.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Trina Tauvela on 021578262.
Closing date: 30th May 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.