We have an opportunity for a full time Advanced Practitioner to join our passionate team at Odyssey’s Assessment, Admission and Continuing Care based at our community hub in New Lynn. It's a 12 months maternity cover contract commencing December 2021.
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
The Advanced Practitioner role in our AA&CC service will demonstrate the highest quality of safe, professional, and effective clinical support to assist individuals and their family/whanau both pre and post residential treatment. You will take on additional responsibilities for the team and Clinical Manager to ensure best practice interventions are delivered that prepare clients for their transition to residential treatment and later, back to the community.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
· At least two years’ experience managing and treating clients/tangata whaiora and supporting their family/whānau in a health-related setting.
· Relevant Level 7 qualification (degree level) e.g. Bachelors in AOD, Health Science, Nursing, Psychology.
· Registration with DAPAANZ, Social Work or other professional body under the HPCA Act, or the ability to become registered at that level in a reasonable timeframe.
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model .
· A high level of understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting.
· Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate and coach others.
· Motivational interviewing, clinical assessment, and risk management expertise.
· Excellent one to one and group facilitation skills.
· A full, clean NZ driver’s licence.
In return we offer:
· A competitive salary and benefits, including 22 days annual leave, and 5 days paid study leave per annum.
· Professional and career development opportunities.
· Hours to be worked between Monday & Friday (no weekends or evenings).
· An amazing onsite café run by Odyssey.
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire online.
For all enquiries, please contact Ursula Mochocka on 021578262.
Closing date: Thursday, 14 October 2021
Please note that police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are required for this role.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.