Odyssey supports people to change their lives through the delivery of high quality, comprehensive community and residential services for people experiencing mental health issues and/or an addiction to alcohol, others drugs or gambling.
We are now looking for an Advanced Practitioner to join our team to work at our community services hub located at Bank St, Whangarei. The days of work for this role are Monday to Friday. This role will primarily take on assessment & admission responsibilities as well as providing clinical support & mentoring for the Pou Whanau Connector team.
We are seeking candidates who have:
· A relevant Level Seven qualification in health, social work or mental health
· A minimum of two years previous experience working in the AOD/mental health field
· Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered at that level in a reasonable timeframe
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
· Skills in group and individual therapy
· Motivational interviewing experience
· A full, clean NZ driver's licence
If you are practical, results driven, can problem solve and can relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the job for you.
Odyssey offers a safe and stimulating working environment, a competitive salary offering, professional development assistance, 22 days annual leave.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: Monday, 3rd May 2021