Odyssey has celebrated over 30 years of supporting people to change their lives. We deliver high quality, comprehensive services for people with an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and/or gambling. We offer a diverse range of programmes and services across a number of population centers including Auckland, Whangarei and the Waikato region.
The Odyssey Drug Treatment Programme (DTP) in the Auckland Prison based in Albany has been successfully operating since the first intake in October 2010. We are now currently seeking a full time Advanced Practitioner to join our team in delivering treatment for up to 6 months in a therapeutic community-based environment for up to 60 men.
Your role will include assessing clients, developing treatment plans, preparing NZ Parole Board reports. ensuring effective delivery of 1-2-1 and group interventions.
The Advanced Practitioner within this service will also provide guidance and support in regard to the making of clinical decisions and also take on a coaching / mentoring role with team members.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
· Relevant Health qualification in Alcohol and other drugs (AOD), Counseling, Psychology, social work or mental health
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
· Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner or other appropriate Registered Health Professional,or the ability to become registered to a ‘Practitioner level’ in a reasonable timeframe
· Strong previous practical experience working in the addictions field
· Skills in group delivery and individual interventions
· Motivational Interviewing experience
· Excellent clinical judgement and strong clinical boundaries
· An understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
· Report writing skills and computer proficiency
· A strong ability to complete informative and up to date records
In return, we can offer:
· A competitive salary
· 22 days annual leave
· Transport support options
· Learning and development opportunities
· Varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do
This position is exciting and challenging, offering the chance for you to work in a supportive workplace with access to ongoing professional development. It is also rewarding, providing the opportunity to make a real difference to the health and well-being of prisoners and communities.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police, Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: 20 May 2021