Odyssey supports people to change their lives through the delivery of high quality, comprehensive community and residential services for people experiencing mental health issues and/or an addiction to alcohol, others drugs or gambling.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future.
Our Te Wairua programmes deliver support utilizing a modified “Therapeutic Community” approach for those living with mental health challenges as well as alcohol/drug/gambling dependency.
We are now looking for a full time permanent Advanced Practitioner to join our Te Wairua service in Mangere East (next to Middlemore Hospital). As an Advanced Practitioner you will take on additional supervisory responsibilities for the team and Clinical Manager to ensure best practice clinical interventions are delivered to clients undergoing residential treatment.
The days of work for this role are Monday to Friday. Please note that this role also includes a rostered on-call responsibility which is compensated by an extra week of annual leave.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- A relevant Level Seven qualification in health, social work or mental health
- A minimum of two years previous experience working in the AOD/mental health field
- Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered at that level in a reasonable timeframe
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
- Skills in group and individual therapy
- Motivational interviewing experience
- A full, clean NZ driver's licence
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Monday to Friday hours (no weekends)
- The opportunity to work with one of New Zealand’s most experienced addiction treatment providers
- Professional challenges and varied work that supports the community
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do
- A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
- 27 days annual leave
- 5 days paid study leave per annum
If you are practical, results driven, can problem solve and can relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the job for you.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ula Mochocka on 021 578 262.
Closing date: Thursday 18th March2021
Application link: https://odyssey.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/Advanced_Practitioner-1041375