Youth Odyssey Community services provide alcohol and other drug treatment options that are responsive to the needs of young people, their families/whanau and other stakeholders. Youth Odyssey Community services engage and serve young people and their families/whanau across both community and Youth Odyssey residential care.
We are now seeking applicants for a full time permanent Advanced Practitioner role to join our team and make a difference in the lives of young people who require treatment for drug, alcohol and gambling addiction issues.
Youth Odyssey Community Services are delivered according to client needs and there is fluidity and flexibility between engaging with a young person, conducting assessment, providing therapeutic intervention and supporting them into and out of residential care.
You will be part of a lively team of alcohol and other drug practitioners, with great passion for engaging with young people on their level and supporting them to uncover their potential.
The successful candidate will have:
· A relevant Social or Health related degree qualification
· Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered in a reasonable timeframe
· Passion for young people and the field of youth development
· An excellent ability to engage with young people over very short timeframes
· Experience working with young people with AOD issues in the community
· The ability to work both autonomously and within a team
· The ability to make quick reasoned decisions
· A high degree of flexibility
· A willingness to support young people in many different areas of their life
· The ability to build and maintain networks
· Group facilitation and/or one-to-one counselling experience with young people
· Experience of coaching and mentoring team members
· A full, clean Driver Licence
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Urszula Mochocka on 09 6384957 ext. 727.
Closing date: Thursday, 29 April