An opportunity to take on an Advanced Practitioner position now exists within our Youth Residential service. Odysseys Youth Residential service offers a programme supporting young people who have alcohol, drug or gambling issues. Some also have mental health needs, care and protection or youth justice issues.
You will be part of a lively team of staff with great passion for engaging with young people on their level and supporting them to uncover their potential. This position will involve rostered shifts from Sunday to Thursday.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant Social or Health related degree qualification
- Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered in a reasonable timeframe
- Passion for working with young people and the field of youth development
- An excellent ability to engage with young people over very short timeframes
- Experience working with young people with AOD issues in the community
- The ability to work both autonomously and within a team
- The ability to make quick reasoned decisions
- A high degree of flexibility
- A willingness to support young people in many different areas of their life
- The ability to build and maintain networks
- Group facilitation and/or one-to-one counselling experience with young people
- Experience of coaching and mentoring team members
- A full, clean Driver License
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits, including 22 days annual leave and 5 days paid study leave per annum.
- Professional and career development opportunities.
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
We utilise the Therapeutic Community approach and have a school that our young people can attend during term time, to assist them to gain NCEA credits on an individual education plan.
You will work with young people to support them to identify their own goals for being involved in the programme. In addition, you will tailor group and individual interventions in partnership with professional staff in other agencies, to support young people to work towards their goals.
More about us:
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Trina Tauvela on 021 578262
Closing date: 1st April 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.