We are now seeking a permanent part-time (20 hours per week) Aftercare Practitioner to join our team at Spring Hill Corrections Facility
Your role will involve engaging and providing professional aftercare clinical services to programme and community clients / tangata whaiora in order to support addiction-based treatment gains.
Working as an aftercare practitioner, you will be delivering 1-1 and group interventions within Springhill Corrections Facility and in the community to support tangata whai ora in the maintenance phase of their recovery journey.
The (negotiable) days of work for this role are:
Monday: 8.00am to 4.00pm
Tuesday: 8.00am to 4.00pm
Wednesday: 8.00am to 12.00 noon
We can offer you:
· A competitive salary
· A Weekly transport allowance
· 5 days paid study leave per annum
· Learning and development opportunities
· Varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
· A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
Do you have:
· A relevant degree level qualification in Alcohol and other drugs (AOD), social work or mental health
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
· Be registered to a professional body or be willing and eligible to be registered
· Skills in group delivery and individual interventions
· Motivational Interviewing experience
· Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
· Excellent clinical judgement and strong clinical boundaries
· A good level of understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
· Report writing skills and computer proficiency
· An understanding of working in a correctional environment
· A strong ability to complete informative and up to date records
· The ability to work autonomously where required
Odyssey has celebrated over 30 years of supporting people to change their lives. We deliver high quality, comprehensive services for people with addiction to alcohol and other drugs and/or gambling. We offer a diverse range of programmes and services across several population centres including Auckland, Whangarei and the Waikato region.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire form which can be found under your individual Odyssey recruitment profile. Please note that for applicants applying via SEEK an email will be sent to you with a link to access this individual profile. For all enquiries, please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: Thursday, 15 July 2021