Community Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) Auckland are looking for a full time registered AOD clinician to work in our Auckland Central Counselling service based in Kingsland
CADS are the largest Alcohol and other Drugs (AOD) service in New Zealand working with over 15000 people each year. CADS provide free community and inpatient AOD treatment from a number of locations across Auckland. CADS are committed to empowering the community to discover healthier use of substances (harm minimisation) and to promote recovery and wellbeing.
You will be an experienced professional (qualification in applied AOD studies, nursing, social work, counselling, psychology, occupational therapy or related fields) registered with DAPAANZ or equivalent professional body who is seeking an opportunity to work in a cohesive well supported team and further develop your AOD expertise.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to truly make a significant difference in peoples lives. We will provide you with the support to master the detail of the position and gain confidence in the role while you develop your career in the addictions recovery Sector.
A sense of social justice and enjoying working with people in all their complexity is required. You will have a non-judgemental attitude, excellent engagement and communication skills, and an ability to work autonomously within a team. You will also have:
- Full registration with professional body (dapaanz , nursing, social work, counselling, psychology, occupational therapy or related fields)
- Full, clean drivers licence
- Legal right to work in NZ
- Ability to implement Te Tiriti O Waitangi in your daily work
- Ability to facilitate evening groups
- Clinical experience in addictions or mental health or similar
- Comfortable working with other health and social service providers
- Lived experience as a consumer or whanau member
- Experience in group facilitation
- Working for a regional service in the country’s largest DHB provides more opportunity for professional development and career progression
- 10 days sick leave and 4 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary and paid professional registration as per DHB collective agreement
- Regular supervision and training
At Waitematā DHB we are driven by our values “everyone matters,” “with compassion,” “connected” and “better, best, brilliant.” We are committed to living up to these values to give you the right balance of autonomy, support, development, encouragement and aroha.
For more information please phone Glenda Jensen, Clinical Team Leader, CADS Central, (09) 845 1803 or for more information on the recruitment process please contact Glenn Bratton on (09) 442 7251.
Please click here for a copy of the position description
If you are committed to supporting people in their recovery and have the skills and experience that we need please click on the "apply" button or you can also apply for this role by visiting our website on http://www.wdhbcareers.com/ quoting reference number WDHB11350
Closing date: 29 April 2021
Position number: WDHB11350