Where you’ll be working: Community Mental Health, 193 London Street, Hamilton
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
Exciting opportunity to be part of the newly established AODTC based in the Hamilton Court.
We are looking for two experienced and passionate addiction experts who will provide screening, comprehensive assessment and brief interventions. You will also participate in the drug court and provide clinical advice in the court.
Required skills & experience:
· Be a registered health professional and hold NZ registration in your chosen field
· Minimum 5 years addiction work experience
· Post graduate qualifications in addiction including an assessment paper
· Ability to apply the Treaty of Waitangi principles into practice and work to reduce inequities for Maori
· Proven experience of utilising screening tools and providing brief interventions
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate comprehensive assessments and provide expert advice to the Court
· Ability to engage with people from all backgrounds
· Current full NZ drivers licence
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Robyn.Payne@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 26 May 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
· Give and earn respect - Whakamana
· Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
· Fair play – Mauri Pai
· Growing the good – Whakapakari
· Stronger together – Kotahitanga