Hauora Tairawhiti Alcohol and other Drugs Counsellor 1.0 FTE
Tairawhiti is a dynamic and innovative community committed to improving the health and wellbeing of our whanau. We have recognised that we need to change the way in which we support whanau experiencing vulnerability with Alcohol and other Drugs and are employing new and alternatives ways to improve whanau outcomes. In particular we are investing in ways of working with and alongside our whanau that greatly enhance their ability to tackle complex issues and underlying needs, experience and receive cross sector support, while they work towards recovery and restoration.
An exciting opportunity has come up for an experienced Registered Addictions Counsellor to work within our services. In this role you will work with whanau experiencing challenges with Alcohol and other substances to address those challenges, develop capability and achieve wellness. You will be part of the Community Mental Health and Addictions team, working in collaboration with other members of Hauora Tairawhiti and the wider social service sector in Tairawhiti . You will need to be able to:
- Work in partnership with Whanau, focussed on providing whanau centred care that is whanau led
- Provide effective assessment and treatment utilising evidence based practice methodologies
- Collaborate with a wide range of Iwi/Maori, voluntary, NGO and community based providers and stakeholders
- Contribute to service improvement and development within the Addictions field, in a community committed to transformational change
- Engage in culturally competent practices that reflect our commitment to Te Tiriti o Te Waitangi
Tairawhiti has a relaxed small city vibe that will give you and your whanau the ability to have a great work life balance. If stunning beaches, nature walks and friendly people is what you are looking for together with a fulfilling and active role, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply online using the attached link.
For job description, click here.
Any queries please contact Cilla Allen 06 869 2097