To comply with the current Health Order, MidCentral DHB requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
MidCentral District Health Board actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Te Uru Rauhi Mental Health and Addiction Services has an exciting vacancy for Allied Health Assistant, Occupational Therapy, to join the Acute Inpatient Unit Palmerston North Hospital. Occupational Therapy interventions enable people to live “their best life” addressing self- care, productivity, leisure, and socialisation domains.
If you have a passion for working and partnering with whānau and you are interested in being able to provide a whānau ora- wellness and recovery focused approach that encourages interconnectedness both socially, spiritually, physically and environmentally, and encompasses the aspirations to achieve ‘WAIORA’ flourishing individuals, whānau, and communities, we welcome your application. This new service model delivery approach will support the achievement of whānau whaiora.
The position is permanent full time, working 40 hours per week, hours and days of work will be confirmed with the successful applicant. Some weekend work may be required as our Model of Care develops.
Primary responsibilities are to work as an active, positive, and creative member of the acute inpatient unit supporting the implementation of occupational therapy, and allied health services.
The requirements for the Allied Health Assistant include:
· Undertaking occupational therapy interventions, individual and group, with clients under direction and delegation from an appropriately registered staff member as per MDHB policy.
· Reporting to suitable registered health professional
· Documenting actions in clinical file notes
· Administrative duties.
· Information gathering or interventions under supervision of suitable registered health professional
· A full, current, NZ driver’s licence.
· Completion of the Caterforce NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Assistant Strand) Level 3.