Counsellor (32 to 40 hours per week)
EVOLVE Wellington Youth Service are looking for an experienced AODCEP Counsellor to work alongside our multi-disciplinary team and liaise with external services.
Main purpose of the job:
The Alcohol and Drug (AOD CEP) Practitioner will work within the Evolve counselling team and provide individual and group treatment to young people assessed and referred through the Evolve Primary Healthcare team. The counselling team works closely alongside all other parts of the service and work off a shared Patient Management System within the team.
The AOD CEP Practitioner will work closely with the Youth Alcohol and Other Drugs/Co-existing Problems team, which is a regional community-based service covering Greater Wellington and the Hutt Valley, that provides supervision, training, liaison, and consultation, including specialist assessment and treatment planning.
It is intended that the AOD CEP Practitioner will work closely with the Youth AOD CEP team within MHAIDS, jointly contribute to good practice, and grow Youth AOD CEP capability within our region. The role will have a dual focus on AOD and mental health.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Significant experience working with young people
· Excellent understanding of, commitment to, and enjoyment of working with young people
· Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team, recognising strengths and limitations
· Commitment to working within the Treaty of Waitangi and partnership principles
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Understanding of youth development and strengths-based practice
· Minimum Level 7 Counselling qualification or equivalent
· DAPAANZ Registration and CBT experience
· Alcohol and Drug qualifications
If you would like to join a team of passionate people dedicated to supporting young people in the Wellington region apply now with your CV.
For further information or to request an application pack (which includes Position Description and Application form) please contact Terewai Rikihana at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this position close 5pm Friday 25th June 2021.
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or valid NZ Work Visa. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Police vetting.