Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisation providing a range of services to whānau, including Health and Disability, Youth and Emergency Housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal - helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
AOD/Mental Health Clinician EaseUp is an exciting youth community based service located in the Tamaki region of Auckland, and we are looking for an AOD/Mental Health Clinician to join the team.
You will work in an innovative service, supporting young people aged 12-24 years to make changes to their alcohol and other drug use and/or mental health.
The service operates across the ADHB region and staff work closely alongside other providers. Much of the services offered by the team are provided to people in their own homes and communities. The service works within the principles of abstinence and harm reduction and in a holistic manner, recognising the multi-faceted problems that co-exist with mental health and/or alcohol and other drug challenges.
Our AOD Clinicians are responsible for providing clinical assessment and treatment for young people presenting with substance use issues. Young people are supported to work towards their holistic goals by your integration of clinical expertise and competencies, with recovery approaches. Completing client pathway administration is also a large part of the role.
We are looking for bubbly, superstar team players who are flexible to change; as we navigate through the learnings within this new service.
What's in it for you?
• Safe and supportive work environment where employees are valued
• Opportunity to be part of a passionate new youth service
• A company that is committed to professional development
• Join a great team of people who care about supporting and making a difference
• You'll be rewarded by helping people to reach their goals - in return we'll also help you reach yours.
What you need:
• Current full APC - either DAPAANZ or registration with a Professional Body covered by HCPA 2003 Act or Social Worker Registration Act 2003
• A passion for and understanding of working with youth
• Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong personal and professional boundaries and self-care strategies
• Well-developed documentation and computer skills
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
• Demonstrated commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice
• A current full clean drivers licence
How to apply:
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details.
If you are interested in joining an organisation who is passionate about making a positive difference in your community we would love to hear from you. Apply today.
Join the Emerge Aotearoa whānau; we're inclusive and we celebrate diversity as an organisation
Realising potential - Tautokohia te mana tangata