Where you’ll be working: Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre, Waikato Hospital
The details: Fixed term until April 2022 – 80 hours per fortnight
We have an exciting opportunity for a mental health nurse wishing to advance their career into a leadership role within Mental Health and Addictions Service.
About the role:
The ACNM will work in close collaboration with the charge nurse manager (CNM) to manage and provide leadership support. The successful candidate will provide continued clinical coordination and expertise to enable an effective practice environment. You will have delegated ongoing responsibilities from the CNM and provide direct care as required and clinical leadership for staff with coaching and supervision.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who likes a challenge, has a desire to lead others and make significant changes within an ever changing environment.
This position will be Monday to Friday; including the requirement to work across both the morning and afternoon shifts.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Clinically coordinate, demonstrate and enable an effective practice environment
• Provide clinical leadership for staff and assist with coaching and supervision
• Participate in quality improvement activity
• Provide clinical leadership within the sphere of acute inpatient nursing practice
Required skills & experience:
• Ablility to work under pressure
• ability to work within and lead a multi-disciplinary team
• Show effective communication with multiple stake holders and excellent documentation skills
• Have completed post graduate papers in mental health
• Achieved or working towards completion of PDRP at proficient moving towards expert level.
Please click here to view the position description.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
If you like to sit back and let the world pass you by, this is definitely not the job for you!
However if you believe you have the right skills, energy, enthusiasm and professional qualities to lead and develop a new and exciting role, then we would love to hear from you!
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Anthea Williams, Charge Nurse Manager on (07) 839 8899.
Application closing date: 11 July 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga