Where you’ll be working: Mental Health Bureau, Mental Health and Addictions Service
The details: Permanent, Full time
About the role:
We have a new opportunity for a mental health nurse wishing to advance their career within Mental Health & Addictions Service.
The Associate Charge Nurse Manager will work in close collaboration with the Charge Nurse Manager of Mental Health Bureau to manage bureau staff activities and also manage and provide leadership afterhours across all Mental Health & Addiction Services, including forensic, MHOP, sector inpatient services and afterhours community teams-CAHT – HBT and EDMH.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who like a challenge, have a desire to lead others and gain management experience.
There will be an extensive orientation programme and ongoing support and development for successful applicants. Post-graduate qualifications would be an advantage but support will be offered for educational opportunities.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Work under pressure.
- Manage emergency response situations in conjunction with the Waikato DHB Duty Manager.
- Facilitate and coordinate the safe and efficient flow of service users into and out of the inpatient service afterhours.
- Facilitate and coordinate staff resources to meet the demands of the service.
- Act as a Duly Authorised Officer as required.
- Role model and apply expert clinical knowledge.
- Apply and have a comprehensive understanding of the principles of risk management.
- Ensure a consistent application of inpatient /service systems and processes.
- Show effective communication with multiple stake holders and excellent documentation skills.
Please apply directly online. Applications are not accepted via email. Click here to view the position description. For specific queries about the role, please contact Debbie Jennings, Charge Nurse Manager (MH Bureau) – 0212416405.
Closing date: Open until filled
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect – Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together - Kotahitanga