Where you’ll be working: Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre, Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent – 64 hours per fortnight - rostered
We have a new opportunity for a mental health nurse wishing to advance their career within Mental Health & Addictions Service.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who like a challenge, have a desire to lead others and gain management experience.
About the role:
The associate charge nurse manager will work in close collaboration with the charge nurse manager of Mental Health Bureau to manage bureau staff activities and also manage and provide leadership afterhours across all Mental Health & Addiction Services, including forensic, MHOP, sector inpatient services and afterhours community teams-CAHT – HBT and EDMH.
Required skills & experience:
· Work under pressure
· Manage emergency response situations in conjunction with the Waikato DHB Duty Manager
· Facilitate and coordinate the safe and efficient flow of service users into and out of the inpatient service afterhours.
· Facilitate and coordinate staff resources to meet the demands of the service.
· Act as a Duly Authorised Officer as required.
· Role model and apply expert clinical knowledge.
· Apply and have a comprehensive understanding of the principles of risk management.
· Ensure a consistent application of inpatient /service systems and processes.
· Show effective communication with multiple stake holders and excellent documentation skills
There will be an extensive orientation programme and ongoing support and development for successful applicants. Post graduate qualifications would be an advantage but support will be offered for educational opportunities.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Debbie Jennings - Charge Nurse Manager Mental Health Bureau on 021 241 6405.
Application closing date: Open until filled
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
· Give and earn respect - Whakamana
· Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
· Fair play – Mauri Pai
· Growing the good – Whakapakari
· Stronger together – Kotahitanga