Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Kenepuru Hospital
Service: Mental Health Service Older Persons, Te Whare ra Uta,
Contract: Rostered & Rotating Shifts, 40 hours per week
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
We are recruiting for an Associate Charge Nurse Manager for our inpatient unit. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a new position which has been created to support our nursing workforce, quality improvement and service development initiatives. The role will enhance clinical leadership within our service and have delegated operational responsibilities. You will be working closely with the Team Leader for inpatient and community teams and alongside our dynamic interdisciplinary leadership team to promote excellence in service delivery and care in this specialty area of mental health.
Mō tō mātou rōpū – About our team
The Mental Health Service Older Persons (MHSOP) provides comprehensive assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services for whaiora presenting with mental health conditions in later life. Whilst we are primarily a community based service our specialist 16 bed inpatient unit is located on the Kenepuru Hospital campus.
We value teamwork and collaboration working closely with our mental health and geriatric colleagues, other hospital services, community based agencies and primary care to promote positive health outcomes for whaiora in our care and their whānau. You will be joining a team who are passionate about working in this specialty and committed to enhancing service delivery and health outcomes for the population we serve.
Moū – About you
You will have excellent clinical credibility as well as an ability to ensure operational objectives are realized and consistent with the vision and values of the organization. With your proven ability to lead, you will be an expert at developing and extending nursing practice, assisting the clinical leadership team with performance appraisals, auditing, and quality improvement. As such, you will strive to ensure the overall provision of quality nursing care for tangata whaiora.
As a positive role model, you will be highly motivated with excellent communication skills and have the ability to build successful relationships within the service. The ideal candidate additionally will –
- Have or be working towards a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Have an extensive background in mental health and intellectual disability nursing with experience in this specialty
- Demonstrate experience in managing and overseeing workloads in a busy clinical environments.
- Be a Registered Nurse with previous mental health and intellectual disability experience and hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) with Mental Health Scope
- Be a compassionate and empathetic clinical professional while having a clear understanding of professional boundaries.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Have an ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team, providing clear instructions and delegating appropriately as required.
- Hold a current drivers licence.
- Be able to work rostered shifts
E pā ana ki a tatou – About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Capital and Coast DHB
Hutt Valley DHB
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed