Where you’ll be working: Community Mental Health and Addictions Service, He Toa Takitini, 193 London Street, Hamilton
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
Are you a dynamic, creative and future orientated health professional looking for your next great career move?
About the service:
The mental health and addictions service deliver a variety of services across the Waikato region. We are a service undertaking a huge programme of change to deliver better outcomes for tāngata whai ora and whānau in our region. Nga iwi Ngakaunui is demonstrated best in mental health and addictions where people really are at the heart of all that we do. Strong relationships with tangata whaiora, with their whānau and with the communities we serve are the foundation of our work.
About the role:
We are looking to offer you a great opportunity to work as an associate charge nurse manager / associate team leader of one of our central sector community teams. These teams are recovery-focused, person-centred and passionate about working with tangata whaiora to live well in their communities. This is a busy role but the rewards are significant and you will be fully supported to establish yourself in the role.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Work as part of the central sectors leadership team with Ops, CNMs/TLs and the other central sector ACNM.
• Provide leadership and clinical support to team members.
• Support efficient clinical flow across inpatient, community and primary settings
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with your colleagues across settings
• Co-ordinate sectors acute response team (ART) - crisis management alongside sector ACNM.
• Manage referral/allocation process and other tasks as delegated by CNM/TL
• Act up as CNM/TL as required.
Required skills & experience:
• Full registration with the registration board of relevant discipline
• Full current clean driver’s licence
• At least 2 years clinical experience in Mental Health (current)
• Experience in clinical leadership (preferred)
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Nicki Barlow 021 224 9365 or Julie Taylor on 027 583 7480.
Application closing date: 11 July 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga