- Bring your Behaviour Specialist skills and make a difference in your community
- Professional development and career development opportunities
- Come and provide a service to our clients in Hamilton and South Auckland
Who are we| Ko wai matou?
Explore Specialist Services is the national provider of behaviour support and Autism across New Zealand for the Ministry of Health (MoH).
We also work in collaboration with Oranga Tamariki, ACC, The British Institute of Learning and Disability (BILD) and Triple P. We are part of HealthCare New Zealand one of Aotearoa's largest health sector employers, with locations throughout New Zealand.
We are specialists in the delivery of Positive Behaviour Support. Through this model we aim to improve peoples' quality of life and the quality of life of those around them. You can find more about this framework here;
About the role | He korero whakamarama mo tenei turanga
We are looking for Behaviour Specialists to join our team to provide a service to our clients situated in South Auckland. We are open to the person working from the Hamilton office.
Within the role you will be committed to supporting and empowering people who experience disability or autism to live independently, safely and to contribute meaningfully within their communities. You will recognise the importance of Te Ao Maori and the strength of working collaboratively with whanau.
We welcome applications from Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Social Workers, Behaviour Therapists/Specialists (BCBA's), Teachers and People with a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or at least 3 years relevant experience in the behaviour support or autism field.
Why Us | He aha ai matou?
- We recognise the importance of a culturally competent workforce, and provide regular cultural supervision. We provide opportunities to attend yearly Noho Marae, and ongoing training and development
- We will provide you with training and support you to learn the role and provide an ongoing internal and external professional development programme to enhance your learning and professional scope of practice
- We offer professional development programmes which may include but are not limited to, Triple P accreditation, motivational interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, Positive Behaviour Support, Functional Assessment and risk assessment and safety planning
- We provide opportunities to extend your practice across a range of different workstreams including support to people with disabilities, vulnerable children, and ACC services
- We promote a safe and supportive environment where colleagues can share and learn from one another
- We support supervision, professional development and progression to ensure you can deliver the best support for our clients and achieve successful outcomes
- We recognise the importance of work/life balance and provide a workplace with flexibility' particularly for those people returning to work with family/ whanau commitments to
- We offer competitive salaries and provide you with a laptop computer and mobile phone to support flexible working across home and work locations
What you will bring | Nga tohungatanga mo tenei turanga
- Experience in the field of disability and/or working with children or adults on the Autism Spectrum
- A current New Zealand Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) where this is required or evidence of the ability to be a registered with a professional body
- An ability to use teaching and learning strategies to facilitate workshops with families and professionals
- An understanding of and commitment to: The Code of Health and Disabilities Services Consumer Rights, The Treaty of Waitangi and bi-cultural practice.
- Proven ability to work in teams and in a 'transdisciplinary' manner
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and client management systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport; proactive and responsive to client needs and colleagues/team needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A current full New Zealand driver's licence
Please apply online and include a CV and covering letter.
Applications close | Te katinga o tenei whai turanga: 25 June 2021 at 5pm - interviews might take place prior to applications closing.
Applicants for this position will have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.