Casual Peer Support Worker
Residential AOD Respite Service
Casual, as/when needed
This residential service operates 24 hours, 7 days a week, based in Manurewa
Salary: This role falls under Pay Equity Settlement.
Peer support is a challenging role, which requires tenacity, resilience, and a sense of humor. It is also a rewarding role where you can use your own experience of AOD to make a difference in the lives of others. As role model and peer, you will be inspiring hope through sharing your own story of recovery with those who are looking at moving towards different choices and options in their lives.
The role of Peer Support Worker will require of you to build a relationship with others based on a common experience of recovery from AOD. The relationship fosters mutual learning and growth and is strongly focused on supporting people to make positive changes in their lives.
We are looking for people who:
- Are mature, patient and respectful
- Have strong cultural competencies in working within different cultures
- Have good communication and active listening skills
- Are positive and encouraging and have a good sense of humor
- Are willing to embrace change and learn
- Will hang in there when the going gets tough and are resilient and assertive
- Are critical and reflective thinkers
- Are able to work in an ethical framework
- Are able to work rostered shifts as part of a supportive team
- Have computer skills (especially e-mail and word processing)
- Have a certificate in Health and Wellbeing L4 or equivalent
- Have experienced AOD and Recovery yourself, as well be able to role model to others
- Have completed Peer Employment Training (PET)
- Have a full NZ drivers’ licence
Ember falls Health Sector, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated
Closing Date: This advert will be advertised until filled
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents: email@example.com
- Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
- Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills, competencies, knowledge, and experience can you bring to this role?