Silverdale – High and Complex Needs residential Service
(Service operates 24 hours, 7 days a week)
Pay Equity: $21.50 -$27.00 per hour + 8% Holiday Pay
This service falls under pay equity for Mental Health. Pay dependent on qualification.
Closing date for applications: This position will be advertised until filled
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
Piri Pono is a short-term 5 bed residential, acute alternative to hospitalisation. We provide those with extreme mental health distress, who are working with the Rodney Adult Mental Health Services with a specially combined team of Registered Nurses and Support Workers.
Peer support is a challenging role requiring resilience and the ability to relate to the people you work with. It is also a rewarding role where you can use your own lived experience of mental distress to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
As a Peer Support Worker, you will be creating relationships with the people you work with and together learn to use those relationships to see things from new angle. You will also develop greater awareness of personal and relational patterns, and support and challenge each other in trying new things.
We do this using the Intentional Peer Support Model
Ember is an Essential Service, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated.
You will have:
- experienced mental distress and recovery themselves.
- the ability to connect and relate to people.
- strong cultural competencies.
- excellent communication and listening skills.
- good computer literacy (especially e-mail and word processing).
You will be:
- familiar with their obligations to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
- able to work in a team environment.
- able to be self-directed and work independently when needed.
- able to work on a rostered awake shifts
- able to work in an ethical framework.
- positive and encouraging with a good sense of humour.
- Intentional Peer Support Core Training (preferred). Will provide training if needed.
- Working towards Level 4 National Certificate in Mental Health and Addiction Support or equivalent thereof.
- Previous experience in support/recovery focused work would be an advantage
For more information about this job, please contact
Ember HR : 09 523 2790.