Silverdale - High and Complex Needs Residential Services
Casual, as/when needed rostered shifts (12 hours shift from 9:00am-9:00pm)
(Service operates 24 hours, 7 days a week)
Pay Band: $29,049ph - $31,099ph+8%Holiday Pay
Depending on qualification, registration and experience
Closing date for applications: This position will be advertised until filled
Ember is an Essential Service, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated.
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
Piri Pono is a short-term 5 bed residential, acute alternative to hospitalisation. We provide those with extreme mental health distress, who are working with the Rodney Adult Mental Health Services with a specially combined team of Registered Nurses and Support Workers.
Our interdisciplinary team is a pioneering peer-led residential service that requires Registered Nurses to walk alongside guests during their stay at our stunning Silverdale location.
There is a mix of peer-led, mainstream, dual diagnosis and collaborative services, including residential and respite facilities, mobile community teams, assisted employment agencies and a vibrant social enterprise. Innovation and flexibility are balanced with practical processes and sound management.
A full job description, please email email@example.com or download from: https://ember.org.nz/careers
You will have:
- Qualified and experienced Registered Nurse, preferably within Mental Health Sector and/or Residential.
- A Current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Knowledge of mental health rehabilitation approaches or recovery-focused.
- A Team player with a proactive, positive approach and strong team ethics.
- Ability to manage highly sensitive matters whilst maintaining confidentiality and objectivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively build and maintain credibility and relationships.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate, adapt to and engage a wide spectrum of people with diverse backgrounds, ages, and cultures.
- A New Zealand Full Driver’s Licence
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
You will be
- Take responsibility for ensuring all nursing practice and conduct meets ethical and compliance (including legislative) requirements.
- Embracing alternative and non-clinical mental health treatment options.
- Work alongside Peer Support Workers who practice within the Intentional Peer Support model.
- Collaborate strongly with guests, their whanau, non-clinical colleagues and WDHB staff.
- Deliver truly negotiated and effective partnership nursing.
For more information about this job, please contact: HR 09 523 2790