- Casual positions available based out of New Plymouth
- Shifts available across 24 hours, 7 days per week
- Join us and bring your personality, commitment, compassion and great ideas!
We’re looking for Casual Support Workers who love to connect with people, enjoy variety in their work and will bring fun and ideas to our great team.
Casual roles are to cover leave for permanent Support Workers - the hours of work are not regular and are offered when they become available. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The shifts are:
- Day Shifts: 7.00am- 3.30pm and 7.30am -4.00pm
- Afternoon shifts: 1.00pm – 7.30pm and 3.00pm- 11.30pm
- Night shifts (8 hour awake): 11.00pm -7.30am
As a Casual Support Worker you might be kept busy supporting people with budgeting and independent daily living skills or attending appointments and advocating for people. You might be assisting people to connect with their communities. You’ll need to be prepared to do whatever it takes for the people we support - cleaning, cooking, gardening, personal care or helping out with everyday household tasks.
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Taranaki Pathways team, based out of New Plymouth, working with Support Workers who all have the common purpose to support people experiencing mental illness.
We are interested to hear from people who have a caring nature and work in a recovery focused way. You will have impeccable attention to detail and be able to provide medication support for our people if and when needed.
- You must hold (or be working towards) the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent.
- You must be able to be flexible and available for varying shifts- including awake night shifts.
- You must hold a current full driver’s licence
- You must hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- You’re a communicator – a positive person who loves working with people
In this role, you can look forward to having a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Then apply now.
Applications close: Monday 10 May 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
Position description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/PW_CSW.pdf
Contact: Victor Verveer, Team coach on 027 215 1814
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.