- Casual employment available based in and around Christchurch
- Unique opportunity to join a highly regarded national mental health provider
- This is an essential worker role with a potential to build your experience.
There is a growing need for mental health support within our communities. Do you feel that you can be the one who can assist most vulnerable ones in these uncertain times. Do you enjoy working in the mental health and addiction field? Do you hold a level 4 qualification in mental health and addiction support work? If so and you would like to work in a changing environment that is both challenging and rewarding, then this may be the job for you.
We have a casual position available, as and when required in our Christchurch services. We are looking for down to earth individuals who have a good sense of humour, integrity, honesty, reliability and flexibility.
Casual role is to cover leave for permanent Support Workers for awake shift 11pm to 7.30am.
As a Support Worker you might be kept busy supporting people with budgeting and independent daily living skills or attending appointments and advocating for people. You might be assisting people to connect with their communities. You’ll need to be prepared to support our clients to do whatever it takes - cleaning, cooking, gardening, personal care or helping out with everyday household tasks.
Creating mental health and wellness opportunities that enable people to live their dreams and flourish. At Pathways, that’s what we do; and who we are.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Christchurch Pathways team, working with Support Workers who all have the common purpose to support people experiencing mental illness.
We are interested to hear from people who have a caring nature and work in a recovery focused way, you will be able to provide medication support for our people if and when needed and have impeccable attention to detail.
- You will either hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing level 4 (or a recognised equivalent) or be willing to commence study towards this qualification within six months of starting with us. We offer our staff significant support to complete this study.
- A current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one.
- As a team member you can appreciate the opinions of others.
- You’re a great listener, the sort of person who will listen deeply to the people who use our services
- You’re a fresh thinker, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas
- You’re energising, inspiring others with enthusiasm and a take action approach
- You’re a communicator, the sort of positive person who loves working with people
- Experience within Mental Health and Addictions sector preferred.
- Applicant must be able to be flexible to work across all residential services.
The Covid-19 Public Health (Vaccination) Order requires the full vaccination of anyone conducting high-risk work in the health and disability sector, or who does not necessarily provide a health service but works in a role that requires frequent contact/engagement with those who do. Therefore all workers within the Wise Group are required by the Order to be vaccinated.
In this role, you can look forward to having a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Then apply now
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd February 2022. Please note, this advert may close sooner if suitable candidates are found prior to the closing date.
Position description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/PW_Casual-Support-Worker.pdf
Contact: Team Coach- Sean Walker - 027 7029830
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.