- Opportunity for an experienced support worker looking for a flexible work
- Provide personalised support to our tangata whai ora
- Be part of a respectful, supportive and fun team environment
We’re looking for casual support workers who are passionate about supporting people in their journey to being well.
Pathways | Mo matou
We're passionate about supporting people with experience of mental illness or addictions - in fact, we've been dedicated to it for more than 30 years.
Our staff are our greatest asset. One of our top priorities is to recruit an incredible local team of people who are as passionate as we are about supporting people experiencing mental illness to live well in the community.
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
We deliver personalised support to our tangata whai ora, a personalised plan that suits every individual according to goals they want to achieve.
This role will cover leave for permanent Support Workers for awake shift 11pm to 7.30am.
This role will always have variety and it could include things like:
- Encourage sleep hygiene of whai ora
- Support with sensory modulation
- Wellbeing checks
- Assistance with goals
- Processing referrals (for respite services)
- Liaising with clinical partners
- Supporting whai ora with their daily routine
- Maintaining the house
- Supporting people to manage their distress
About You | Mōu
We are looking for down to earth individuals who have a good sense of humour, integrity, honesty, reliability and flexibility. Since this vacancy is for awake night shifts, ideally you’ll have the confidence to work on your own. We are interested to hear from people who have a caring nature and work in a recovery focused way. You’ll be able to provide medication support for our people if and when needed and have impeccable attention to detail.
- Hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing level 4 (or a recognised equivalent)
- Hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one.
- You’re a great listener and are also energising, and able to inspire others with enthusiasm
- Experience within Mental Health and Addictions sector preferred.
- Applicant must be able to be flexible to work across all residential services.
The Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 requires staff working in health-related services to be fully vaccinated (this includes any subsequent boosters). As a provider we are responsible for ensuring all of our employees are vaccinated and boosted as per the mandate and employees are responsible for ensuring we have access to this information
What we offer | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
We cover the cost associated with this qualification as well as provide study support groups, on the job study time, and real workplace experience and coaching to help you grow your capabilities and opportunities in this sector. For those employed full time, we also provide paid study leave, extra annual leave, income protection insurance and subsidies for school holiday childcare. This is your foot in the door with a leading national provider of community-based mental health, addiction and wellbeing services.
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Then apply now
Position description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/PW_Casual-Support-Worker.pdf
Contact: Team Coach - Sean Walker - 027 7029830
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.