- Casual employment available based in our adult and youth service in Tauranga
- Shifts available across the full 24 hours, 7 days per week
- Join us and bring your personality, commitment, compassion and great ideas!
Combine flexibility and shift variety as a casual support worker in the mental health sector. Are you prepared to ‘do whatever it takes’?
Casual roles are to cover leave for permanent Support Workers - the hours of work are not regular and are offered when they become available. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The shifts are:
- Day Shifts: 7.00am -3.30pm
- Afternoon shifts: 3.00pm – 11.30pm
- Night shifts (8 hour awake): 11.00pm -7.30am
We are interested to hear form people who have an interest in and are able to work all shifts- including the awake night shifts.
As a Casual Support Worker, you will always have variety in your work. You will need to be prepared to do whatever it takes for the people we support - cleaning, cooking, gardening or helping out with everyday household tasks. On a given shift you might be supporting with budgeting and independent daily living skills, attending appointments and advocating for people, or you might be assisting people to connect with their communities.
As part of our whanau your practice of whanaungatanga and manaakitanga will bring mana to the tangata whaiora that we support. We believe, and we will do whatever it takes to have every person feel great about their future. In the role of support worker we hope it aligns strongly with our tikanga (principles) and kawa (practice).
We are looking for someone who is able to be flexible and adapt to working within the different services Pathways has here in Tauranga- Adult and Youth Services.
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
If you have a caring nature, work in a recovery focused way, have impeccable attention to detail and are able to provide medication support then we would love to hear from you.
- You must hold a current full driver’s licence
- Do you hold a current first aid certificate or are you willing to obtain one
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent, or be currently studying towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent.
- Able to be flexible and available for varying shifts, including the awake night shift
In addition to our new competitive hourly rates, you can look forward to having a great team around you working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. You will be part of a supportive work environment where work life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Then apply now.
Closing Date: 13 September 2021. Please note, this advert may close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/PW_Casual-Support-Worker.pdf
Contact: Narmadha Dhayanandan, Team Coach on 027 543 9704
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.