- Casual employment available based in Hamilton, Thames and Waihi.
- Shifts available across the full 24 hours, 7 days per week.
- Join us and bring your personality, commitment, compassion and great ideas!
Combine flexibility and shift variety as a casual support worker in the mental health sector.
Casual roles are to cover leave for permanent Support Workers - the hours of work are not regular and are offered when they become available. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you will work across a variety of services.
The shifts are:
- Day Shifts: 7.00am -3.30pm (across all services)
- Afternoon shifts: 3.00pm – 11.30pm (across all services)
- Night shifts (8 hour awake): 11.00pm -7.30am (24 hour services)
There are causal roles available in Hamilton, Thames and Waihi. Please indicate in your cover letter which location you are interested in.
As a casual support worker you will always have variety in your work. You will need to be prepared to do whatever it takes for the people we support - cleaning, cooking, gardening, personal care or helping out with everyday household tasks. On a given shift you might be supporting with budgeting and independent daily living skills, attending appointments and advocating for people, or you might be assisting people to connect with their communities.
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
If you have a caring nature, work in a recovery focused way, are able to provide medication support and have impeccable attention to detail then we would love to hear from you.
- A current full driver’s licence is required
- You must hold a current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- You will need to be able to be flexible and available for varying shifts
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways.
- To work in respite/acute services applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be currently studying towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent.
- You’re a communicator - the sort of person who loves working with people
The Wise Group are passionate supporters of our communities and vulnerable populations. We place a high value on the safety and wellbeing of our staff and the people we support. We endorse the Ministry of Health recommendation for vaccinations to protect us all against COVID-19. It is therefore our expectation that all new Wise Group employees are vaccinated.
In addition to our new competitive hourly rates, you can look forward to having a great team around you working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. You will be part of a supportive work environment where work life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Then apply now.
Closing Date: Thursday 23 September 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if suitable candidates are found.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/PW_Casual-Support-Worker.pdf
Contact: Victoria Hood, Team Coach, 027 229 9105
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.