Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future.
We are now seeking a skilled and caring casual Support Worker to join our team of employees that work at our Te Wairua (co-existing disorders) residential service based in Kamo, Whangarei.
The ideal applicant will have:
· Ideally a level four (or working towards) certificate qualification in an appropriate social service area
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience or exposure to working in the AOD/mental health field
· Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
· A full driver’s licence
· Proven reliability and flexibility in regard to ongoing availability and the days they can work
Please note that this is a casual role that may involve some weekend, evening and possible overnight work. Maturity, reliability, honesty and common sense are essential.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Urszula Mochocka on 09 6384957 Ext 727
Closing date: 25 May 2021