- Casual employment available based in Masterton, Wairarapa
- Shifts available across the full 24 hours, 7 days per week
- Competitive salaries and pay rates in line with Pay Equity
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in Masterton? We're looking for Casual Support Workers to cover leave for permanent Support Workers - the hours of work are not regular and are offered when they become available. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – You will need to be prepared/available to work on the awake night shift.
You will work across a variety of services to support people with experience of mental health and/or addictions both in their own homes, in supported accommodation and respite settings. Hours vary between services; each shift is approximately 8 hours in length.
The shifts are:
- 7.00am - 3.30pm
- 2.30pm - 11.00pm
- 10.45pm - 7.15am
- 1.30pm - 10.00pm
- 10.00am - 6.30pm
As a casual support worker, you will always have variety in your work. You will need to be prepared to do whatever it takes to assist the people we support - cleaning, cooking, gardening, personal care or helping with everyday household tasks. On a given shift you might be supporting with independent daily living skills, attending appointments and advocating for people, or you might be assisting people to connect with their communities. Our Pathways support workers are there to help with whatever it takes.
Situated in the beautiful rural setting of the Wairarapa, Masterton is halfway between Wellington and Palmerston North, and only 3 hours from Napier and Hastings. For more information on the location of Masterton please copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Masterton
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Pathways team who all have the common purpose to support people experiencing mental illness.
If you have a caring nature, work in a recovery focused way, can provide medication support and have impeccable attention to detail then we would love to hear from you.
- You must hold a current full New Zealand driver’s licence
- Do you hold a current first aid certificate or are you willing to obtain one?
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement. Pathways offers significant support for support workers to complete this study.
- To work in respite/acute services applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be currently studying towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent.
- You’re a communicator - the sort of positive person who loves working with people
- Able to be flexible and available for varying shifts
In this role, you can look forward to having a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Then apply now.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 3 July 2021. Please note, the job may close early if suitable candidates are sourced.
Position description: Please copy and paste the following link into your browser https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/PW_CSW.pdf
Contact: Anne-Maree Grimwood, Team Coach on 027 512 5208.
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.