- Casual employment available based in Papakura and Pukekohe, Auckland
- You’ll be working PM 3.00pm – 11.30pm; Awake nights, 7 days per week as required
- Join us and bring your personality, commitment, compassion and great ideas!
Casual roles are to cover leave for permanent Support Workers - the hours of work are not regular and are offered when they become available. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are looking for people who are able to work PM and Awake night shifts as required. These roles will be across a variety of services in Pukekohe and Papakura, Auckland.
- Afternoon shifts: 3.00pm - 11.30pm (24 hour services)
- Night shifts (8 hour awake): 11.00pm - 7.30am
As a casual Support Worker you will always have variety in your work. You will need to be prepared to do whatever it takes for the people we support - cleaning, cooking, gardening, personal care or helping out with everyday household tasks. On a given shift you might be supporting with budgeting and independent daily living skills, attending appointments and advocating for people, or you might be assisting people to connect with their communities.
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
If you have a caring nature, work in a recovery focused way, are able to provide medication support and have impeccable attention to detail then we would love to hear from you.
- You must hold a current full New Zealand driver’s licence
- Do you hold a current first aid certificate or are you willing to obtain one
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement. Pathways offers significant support for Support Workers to complete this study.
- To work in respite/acute services applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be currently studying towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent.
- You’re a communicator - the sort of positive person who loves working with people
- Able to be flexible and available for varying shifts
In addition to our new competitive hourly rates, you can look forward to having a great team around you working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. You will be part of a supportive work environment where work life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Pathways? Then apply now.
Closing Date: 9 August 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
Position description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/PW_Casual-Support-Worker.pdf
Contact: Allen Edwards, Team Coach on 09 238 4224
For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz
Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke free environment. We encourage people with experience of mental illness to apply.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.