- Strategic and operational focus
- Extensive stakeholder engagement
- Based in Porirua
New Zealand Riding for the Disabled’s core purpose is to increase ability through participation in goal based riding activities. Through 52 affiliated RDA groups, they offer specialised therapeutic horse riding through a range of tailored programmes for people living with physical, intellectual, emotional and social challenges.
The Chief Executive we are seeking will be an agile, inclusive leader who brings a clear, strategic perspective, an innovative approach to organisational growth, and well-honed relationship management skills to help us attain our vision to reach more riders and change more lives.
You will continue to develop the strong profile of NZRDA by building effective working relationships with the Board, management and staff, as well as key stakeholders including the local RDA groups, funders and sponsors.
At a practical level, the Chief Executive will instigate, implement and monitor the strategic and annual business plans, assume responsibility and accountability for successful completion of deliverables, and oversee the optimal performance of the small national office team based in central Porirua.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an important contribution to the future of NZRDA, and could be suitable for either an experienced Chief Executive or senior leader.
- Proven ability of achieving organisational goals at a senior management level
- Genuine empathy for NZRDA’s core purpose and vision
- Ability to think strategically, articulate and implement NZRDA’s vision
- A confident leader with the ability to drive and encourage performance and best practice
- Demonstrated financial and people management expertise
- Commercial acumen and well developed negotiation skills
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- A natural relationship builder
- A collaborative and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Have an awareness of key legislation changes including in relation to Privacy and Incorporated Societies
- An understanding of the articles of the Treaty of Waitangi
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 21 March 2021
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069