Location: Porirua Wellington
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Service: Te Whare Marie - Specialist Maori Mental Health
About the role
We are seeking applications from mental health professionals looking to take the first step up the leadership ladder - this will be achieved through support to kaimahi that will ensure that positive outcomes are established and maintained through timely and appropriate delegation and intervention with kaimahi. This position is part coordination and part case management (.4/.6 respective). You will be part of a progressive, innovative and creative whanau/ team implementing and participating in the future development for Māori Mental Health Services.
Te Whare Marie is a progressive service that offers specialist Māori Mental Health Services throughout the Wellington and Greater Wellington region. The service offers effective and appropriate assessment, treatment and care management to Māori Adult tangata whaiora and whānau in a cultural setting. The service strives to meet the needs of tangata whaiora by providing holistic services that respect, value and include whānau beliefs, customs, language and culture.
- Coordinate the daily clinical activities of the team
- Demonstrate and model expertise in delivery of care
- Making effective decisions in challenging/complex situations
- Implement best use of staffing resources by managing resources in a manner which ensures sufficient staff available to keep the service running efficiently and effectively.
- Deputises for Team Leader as required
Skills & Experience
- NZ registered mental health nurse, Psychologist, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist
- Proven experience in community Mental Health Setting
- Confident in making effective decisions in challenging/complex situations
- Effective communication that contributes to achievement of desired outcomes
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Any queries please email Maire.Ransfield@mhaids.health.nz