- A rare and exciting opportunity to be the Clinical leader in Mental Health and Wellbeing Services
- Strategic and service delivery focussed role
- Join a rapidly growing and innovative organisation
- 12 months fixed-term role, based in Hawkes Bay
Who are we| Ko wai matou?
HealthCare NZ provides a wide array of health and human services to people throughout New Zealand. Since 1988 we have been caring, supporting and empowering people in need to live independently, safely and well in their community as well as in specialized treatment settings. We help people gain access to needed services, ensuring they receive vital services, are safe, well-cared for and live as independently as possible.
About the role | He korero whakamarama mo tenei turanga
The Clinical Consultant, Mental Health is responsible for providing clinical leadership and advice across Healthcare NZ’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Services with a specific focus on specialist mental health services. This role will be responsible for the design and implementation of clinical services to Mental Health and Wellbeing clients across New Zealand to ensure these services are of the highest quality and always client-centred, evidenced based and culturally informed.
It will be the key position of influence, subject matter expert in mental health assessment and treatment and contribute to the strategic vision of the Mental Health and Wellbeing division and contribute to the business growth development.
Additionally it will also provide specialist advice to the leadership teams to influence and develop Specialist capability in Mental Health assessment and treatment and ensure quality of service to meet the Mental Health & Wellbeing contractual and financial objectives and provide training and supervision to our specialist mental health staff.
What you will bring | Nga tohungatanga mo tenei turanga
- Currently registered with the New Zealand Psychology Board in clinical and preferably neuropsychological scope of practice
- Proven clinical leadership experience
- Demonstrated specialist skills in and knowledge of assessment and treatment of mental ill health and the impact of trauma
- Demonstrated experience in the successful implementation and completion of clinical projects that have resulted in improved service benefits and outcomes
- Strong existing stakeholder relationships within the mental health sector and experience in developing relationships and networks
- Demonstrated effective facilitation, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Understanding of change management approaches and proven ability to motivate others to engage in change initiatives
- An understanding of the treaty of Waitangi and commitment to bi-cultural practice
- Commitment to undertake evaluation/research alongside clinical practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication and in professional report writing skills
- Ability to travel to meet the demands of the role
- Current Full NZ driver’s licence
Why Us | He aha ai matou?
At HealthCare NZ, we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, reflecting the communities we serve. If you would like to work in a role that is both rewarding and challenging as part of a very supportive team and would like to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you!
Applications close | Te katinga o tenei whai turanga: 14 May 2021 at 5pm, interviews might take place prior to applications closing.
Please apply via our website including a CV and cover letter.
All applicants must be a NZ Resident/Citizen or have a valid NZ work permit.