Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Porirua, Wellington
Service: Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service
Contract: Permanent Full Time.
About the role
Te Haika is the mental health contact centre for Capital & Coast District Health Board (CCDHB) and manages crisis telephone calls, non-urgent referrals and general mental health enquiries for the population of CCDHB and is based at Kenepuru Hospital. We cover the after hours services (1630 hours – 0800 hours) for Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
We are seeking a highly experienced and skilled person to be our Clinical Coordnator. This role would suit those interested in taking the first step in a management career. The Coordinator would be responsible for the daily clinical workload at Te Haika.
You will have worked for at least 7 years as a registered mental health professional and have relevant acute care experience. Recent experience in mental health telephone triage will be an advantage. Culturally appropriate care and a recovery oriented approach are also key components of this role. Knowledge of the Hutt Valley and Wairarapa region would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Manage the day to day workflow and clinical coordination of the Te Haika team
- Manage the Te Haika roster and to delegate staff to cover shifts at short notice
- Provide advice and support for clinicians
- Keep the Team Leader informed regularly of any issues which may impact on the clinical running of the service
- Participate in any changes of process and quality improvement
Skills & experience
- Registered with the NZ Nursing Council
- A current practising certificate.
- Active involvement and progression along the PDRP and by Expert RN level a post graduate qualification or working towards this or equivalent learning
- At least 7 years’ experience is needed, preferably in a community/acute role.
- Experience in roster management
- Working inter professionally with others
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service MHAIDS spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAID services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa. Te Korowai Whariki services include regional forensic and rehabilitation services covering the Central region while the intellectual disability services extend the length and breadth of the country from six bases located in Whangarei, Auckland, Cambridge, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
How to apply:
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button. We will be reviewing applications as they come through. Ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email Alicia.Graham@ccdhb.org.nz