- A unique and rewarding role that offers an exciting challenge
- Work within a supportive, collaborative and open team environment
- Based in Te Atatu Peninsula, Waitakere (West Auckland)
Established in 1984, Higher Ground Drug Rehabilitation Trust provides tools for transformational change and abstinence based treatment within a therapeutic community for adults who are severely dependent alcohol and other drugs.
Higher Ground’s primary focus is an 18-week residential programme based on the 12 Step recovery principles. Their aim is to support recovery for individuals and whanau and to reduce the harm that alcohol and other drug addiction causes in communities and society as a whole.
Reporting to the Programme Director, the Clinical Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the therapeutic programme and providing ongoing management of the programme to ensure it runs smoothly. You will take the lead in supervising the clinical team, directing the programme and care of clients, facilitating workflows, serving as a resource for both staff and volunteers, providing good leadership, and improving the overall quality of the programme.
- Monitor the therapeutic programme to a standard that ensures services provided by Higher Ground are complaint with professional standards and relevant legalisation
- Supervise and support the Clinical Team including counsellors, residential support workers, and volunteers
- Lead daily and weekly clinical team meetings
- Organising multiple family therapy programme (Wednesday nights)
- Assist with clinical assessment of clients
- Counsel clients in individual, family and group sessions when required
- Resolve issues and take part in service quality improvements
- Assist HR with recruitment process of staff and vacancies
- Stand in and act as the Programme Director in their absent
This is a permanent full-time position based in Te Atatu Peninsula, Waitakere, West Auckland. Higher Ground are offering a competitive salary, five weeks annual leave, birthday leave, annual training allowance and internal/external supervision for the right candidate.
To be considered for this role, you will be an experienced Clinical Manager with a proven track record in counselling in the AOD addiction field. You will have a good understanding of the 12 Step recovery principles and evidential based therapies Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to understand the range of clients and their individual needs are essential.
- Proven experience working within a clinical or AOD rehabilitation environment
- ·A relevant tertiary qualification in Psychotherapy, Psychology, Alcohol & Drug Studies, Nursing or Social Work
- Must hold a current DAPAANZ or other HPCA practicing registration
- Sound understanding of the 12 Step recovery principles, evidential based therapies and family and group therapy (desirable)
- Effective people management and leadership capabilities, with ability to organise and motivate staff
- Well organised, with ability to multitask, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Displays ethical and responsible behaviour
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong relationship building capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Has a positive, friendly and professional disposition
- Demonstrate a high level of social competence and commitment to client’s wellbeing
- An excellent communicator in both written and verbal formats
- A confident decision maker and adept problem solver
- Understanding of Tikanga Maori and Pasifika and ability to speak Te Reo Maori is advantageous
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 5th October 2021
Applications to: Ngan Nguyen at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: