We have an opportunity for a full time Clinical Manager to join our lively team at Odyssey’s Youth Intact service in Hamilton.
Youth INtact is a new approach to service delivery for rangatahi/young people with problematic to severe alcohol and/or other drug use – offering easily accessible community based assessment and treatment services that are wraparound, holistic and culturally responsive.
Odyssey delivers its Youth INtact service for Hamilton, North and Surrounds from its central Hamilton base in Garden Place. Communities receiving this service are Hamilton, Te Awamutu, Cambridge, Morrinsville, Te Aroha, Matamata, Ngaruawahia, Huntly, Raglan and Te Kauwhata. There are a mixture of school clinics and community-based services, depending on the community needs.
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
You will be responsible for clinical leadership and management of staff and clinical processes within our Youth INtact Service in Hamilton whilst also carrying out clinical work as required. This position is an integral part of a clinical team working cohesively to support our staff to deliver the best clinical care to as many people as possible.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· At least 2 years relevant experience, including experience of delivering or managing clinical programmes in an AOD or mental health rehabilitation environment, and experience of working with youth
· Relevant tertiary qualification (level 7) e.g. Bachelor in AOD, Health Science, Nursing, Social Work, or related degree
· Registration with an appropriate professional body e.g. DAPAANZ, HPCA/NCAC Counsellor status, or Social Worker registration
· Demonstrated knowledge of Treaty of Waitangi and Te Reo Māori/Tikanga
· Full Current New Zealand Drivers Licence
In return we offer:
· A competitive salary and benefits, including 22 days annual leave and 5 days paid study leave per annum.
· Professional and career development opportunities.
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire online.
For all enquiries, please contact Ursula Mochocka on 021578262.
We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.
Closing date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021
Please note that police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are required for this role.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.