We are currently seeking a talented Clinical Manager to lead a dedicated team delivering a highly respected 6-month therapeutic programme for up to 40 whai ora (clients) in Auckland Prison, Albany, including aftercare support within the prison environment and out in the community.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to provide clinical management and support to a team that completes assessments, treatment planning, and delivers 1-2-1 and group interventions to tāngata whai ora affected by problematic drug and alcohol use.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant qualification e.g. in Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD), social work, counselling or mental health, and professional registration
- Prior experience working in the AOD/mental health field
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
- Experience in clinical team leadership
- A good understanding of tikanga Māori and effective cultural interventions
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- A good understanding of quality and risk management systems
- The ability to working in a changing environment and manage multiple deadlines
- Report writing skills and computer proficiency
- An understanding of working in a correctional environment
- A competitive salary based on our updated remuneration bands and 22 days annual leave
- A weekly allowance to cover transport costs and ‘location’ allowance
- 5 days paid study leave per annum
- Professional development opportunities
- Varied work that supports the community
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
More about us:
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Phoebe Van Donselaar on 021 578 262
Closing date: Friday 28 January 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.