The Higher Ground Drug Rehabilitation Trust was established in Auckland in 1984 as a Charitable Trust and is overseen by a Board of Trustees. Higher Ground provides quality abstinence based treatment, within a therapeutic community for the severely dependent. We provide rehabilitation programmes that are based on 12 Step recovery principles.
Based in Te Atatu Peninsula this senior position offers an exciting challenge for someone to open and develop our new Mothers and Babies unit. We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with pregnant women, new mothers, who are wanting to overcome severe dependency to alcohol and other drugs.
Your responsibilities will include monitoring treatment plans and the general progress of all clients. You will oversee the day to day management and operation of the therapeutic programme and strive to improve the programme’s overall quality.
- Hold a Level 7 qualification in a relevant in one of the following disciplines: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Alcohol & Drug Studies, Midwifery, Nursing or Social Work.
- A current DAPAANZ or other HPCA registration and practising certificate
Experience and Knowledge Required
· At least 5 years’ experience in a senior level role, with a proven track record in counselling the mental health or alcohol and drug addiction field.
· Extensive experience working in rehabilitation with people who are alcohol and drug dependent
· Proficient user of basic computer applications for the execution of daily project operations
· Knowledge and experience of abstinence programmes, therapeutic community and group psychotherapy approaches
· Ability to manage effectively a diverse group of professionals
· Commitment to te reo Maori (me ona Tikanga) and a hands on Whanau approach to treatment
· Knowledge of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and practical ways to implement it within your work.
Hours of work Monday – Friday 7.30am – 4pm; after hours on call will be required on a roster basis.
· Competitive starting salary rewarded
· Annual Training Allowance to help develop your skills and improve your professional knowledge
· External and Internal Supervision
Candidates with a personal history of alcohol and other drug dependence are required to have a minimum of 5 years abstinence.
Higher Ground is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police clearance checks will be required for this role. .
Please send your cover letter and CV by email to Carlene Clarke, HR Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org