Odyssey’s youth residential service offers a live-in programme for up to 13 rangatahi, who are experiencing challenges related to alcohol or other drug (AOD) use. The Clinical Manager – Youth Residential oversees end to end care for the young people accessing our youth residential programme in Auckland. The role has been established following a recent restructure of our youth services team.
Our youth residential programme is based on an approach called a therapeutic community or TC. This is a supportive environment that focuses on activities that support wellbeing. Learning occurs in the way rangatahi and kaimahi live and work together as a community.
While staying with us, young people learn useful life, social and other wellbeing skills that will support them to live independently in the future. Each young person develops an individual learning pathway and attends Odyssey School. They also have an opportunity to participate in our Odyssey Café work training programmes. We also support them to reconnect with family and whānau.
We are searching for a dynamic and experienced leader for our residential team; helping our rangatahi find a way through some of the tough stuff and taking confident steps towards the future they want.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to move into clinical management, supporting and developing a dedicated and passionate team within a multi-disciplinary and collaborative treatment environment.
You will work closely with our Youth Community Service, as well as with referrer and other youth agencies.
If you have:
· A relevant AOD or equivalent qualification (DAPAANZ Registered Practitioner or HPCA Act Registered)
· Proven experience working clinically within the health care sector
· Excellent communications and relationship skills
· Experience coaching and mentoring team members
· A collaborative approach to contribute flexibly within a team environment
· A sound knowledge of the addiction/mental health sector
· Experience of engaging and working alongside a wide variety of agencies
· A full New Zealand driver's licence
We can offer you:
· A competitive salary and benefits
· 27 days of annual leave
· Learning and development opportunities
· Varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
· Individual and group clinical supervision
· A healthy work environment which is smoke free
Since 1980, Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect, learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 6384957 Ext. 727.
Closing date: Friday, 16 July 2021